Welcome to the 50th Annual
Environmental Education Council of Ohio
April 6-9, 2017
at Deer Creek State Park Lodge
For 50 years, educators from all over the state have been coming together for this conference, and we are thrilled to celebrate all those years of greatness, with many more to come. As educators, we see the future in front of us every day and we are privileged to have an influence in the lives of those we teach. This year’s theme, “Honoring the Past, Looking To the Future”, will allow us to appreciate all of the goals that have been achieved over the last 50 years. It will be a chance to see how much impact we have made over that time so that we can continue the excellence we have already achieved, improve our ability to accomplish the mission of EECO, and our missions as educators: to nurture knowledge, ideas, engagement, and to bring people together to learn and grow in our natural world.
Conference strands include:
- Engaging Minorities in the Outdoors
- Environmental Careers
- Outdoor Education
- Technology in Nature
Conference highlights include:
- Keynote from Judy Braus, Executive Director from the North American Association for Environmental Education on the future of EE across the continent.
- Friday night fun and entertaining nature interpretation from author and naturalist Denny Olson!
- Educational field trips to Native American Earthworks, Battelle Darby Creek Metropark Nature Center, the Buffalo Soldier Monument and more!
- Graduate credit is available through Ashland University.
- Registered Sanitarian credits are also available.
Please join us for a fun, hands-on, and outstanding professional development opportunity!
Early Bird Registration ends March 11th. Final Registration Deadline is March 24th.
Scroll down to the bottom left of this web page and click the registration button to register online.
Download the Full Conference Registration Packet here. You'll need to review this before you register online in order to pick your sessions and appropriate registration type.
Download the Student Wildlife Research Symposium agenda here.
Register for the Student Wildlife Research Symposium here.
Lodging Information – Deer Creek State Park Lodge
22300 State Park Road 20, Mt. Sterling, OH 43143 Front Desk 740-869-2020
Reservations—(800) 282-7275. Ask for the “EECO Conference” room rate.
· Room Rates for Queen, King and Bunk: $111.00 per Night Per Room
· Room Rate for Loft: $229.00 per Night Per Room
· Cabin Rate: $159.00 per Night per Cabin
· A $79.00 Room Rate for all Room Types on Sunday Night.
Attendees of the Conference will get a Discount Coupon to Return to the Ohio State Park Lodges.
Complimentary Bike and Kayak Rental.
Rooms will be held until February 17, 2017.
We hope you find this conference to be an exciting and beneficial professional
If you have any questions about the program, the registration process, or any other topics or issues, please contact Brenda Metcalf, EECO Executive Director,
at 740-653-2649 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Jen Dennison, Conference Chair,
at 614-265-6316 or email@example.com for assistance.
We look forward to seeing you at Deer Creek!
Many thanks to our 50th Anniversary Conference Sponsors, which include: